To apply, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org with a covering letter detailing your experience and a full CV.
Highly Skilled Sheetmetal Worker/Fabricator
Candidates should be experienced in all types of Fabrication and Welding to a high standard with an emphasis on Stainless Steel TIG. You must have the ability to read from Engineering drawings and work on your own initiative in a workshop environment and on Customer premises. We require people who have good communication skills, a positive attitude and who are extremely flexible in their approach to all aspects of Engineering and their working hours.
Supervisory/Leadership skills would be a distinct advantage but not essential, provided skills are to a high standard.
Good rate of pay commensurate with skills.
Full clean driving licence essential.
ONLY PEOPLE WITH ALL SKILLS DETAILED ABOVE NEED APPLY.
Due to continued growth, S&C require an experienced Plant Fitter. We are looking for a suitable candidate who can take the skills they have learned as a Plant Fitter and use these to skills carry out tasks on our customers' sites which will include production and process machinery, much of which has pneumatic, hydraulic and electrical systems.
Responsibilities and tasks will vary by individual jobs, but the candidate will typically need to demonstrate a high level of proficiency in the following areas:
- The capacity to understand a diverse range of engineering functions and processes
- Good working knowledge of health and safety practice and procedures
- Diagnosis of mechanical breakdown issues and root cause analysis of problems
- Liaise with customers and their engineering and production staff
- Carrying out routine scheduled maintenance work
- Fit new or refurbished parts and make sure equipment is functioning correctly
- Ability to thoroughly check and verify own work.
- Work with minimal supervision and fit into the existing team environment.
- Confidence to respond positively when under pressure
- Must have a flexible approach to changing priorities and deadlines. A degree of our work content is responsive and reaction time can be key to future business opportunities
- Installation of plant onsite and at Customer sites
- Proven experience of planned maintenance systems, breakdown maintenance and installations and knowledge of hydraulic and pneumatic systems
- Working on and maintaining various items of customers plant.
Full driving licence essential. Salary dependant on skills and experience.
Plant Maintenance Engineer
Due to continued growth, S+C Engineering is looking for a Plant Maintenance Engineer. We are looking for a talented and enthusiastic individual to join our team and to help support the growth of this part of our business.
Key objectives of the role include:
-To respond to machine & auxiliary failures
-Fault finding and diagnostics in emergency breakdown or planned situations
-Troubleshooting and fault finding on a range of electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic, mechanical plant equipment and site services
-Installation, commissioning and repair of plant and facilities
-Responsible for improvements and reduction of downtime through increased efficiency's through own ideas and input
-Be able to work unsupervised on our various customer sites when tasked to do so and to organise the work of others in response to the site needs
The Ideal Candidate:
-A qualified engineer to HNC/NVQ Level 3 standard in an electrical, mechanical/multi-skilled discipline
-Hands-on multi-skilled experience on automated machines within a continuous manufacturing environment - ideally Food or Drinks manufacturing
-Knowledge of electrotechnics, mechanics, power hydraulics and pneumatics
-3 phase/PLC experience would be desirable
-Use of own initiative and judgement in identifying and correcting all stoppages and breakdowns to production plant, equipment and services
-Use of own initiative with some independent action to prioritise engineering problems
Full driving licence essential. Good rate of pay commensurate with skills and experience.