To apply, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org with a covering letter detailing your experience and a full CV.
Plant Maintenance Engineer
Due to continued growth, S+C Engineering is looking for a Plant Maintenance Engineer. We are looking for a talented and enthusiastic individual to join our team and to help support the growth of this part of our business.
Key objectives of the role include:
-To respond to machine & auxiliary failures
-Fault finding and diagnostics in emergency breakdown or planned situations
-Troubleshooting and fault finding on a range of electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic, mechanical plant equipment and site services
-Installation, commissioning and repair of plant and facilities
-Responsible for improvements and reduction of downtime through increased efficiency's through own ideas and input
-Be able to work unsupervised on our various customer sites when tasked to do so and to organise the work of others in response to the site needs
The Ideal Candidate:
-A qualified engineer to HNC/NVQ Level 3 standard in an electrical, mechanical/multi-skilled discipline
-Hands-on multi-skilled experience on automated machines within a continuous manufacturing environment - ideally Food or Drinks manufacturing
-Knowledge of electrotechnics, mechanics, power hydraulics and pneumatics
-3 phase/PLC experience would be desirable
-Use of own initiative and judgement in identifying and correcting all stoppages and breakdowns to production plant, equipment and services
-Use of own initiative with some independent action to prioritise engineering problems
Full driving licence essential. Good rate of pay commensurate with skills and experience.
Due to the continued growth in the Rail Engineering sector, S+C Engineering is looking to recruit an experienced Design Engineer.
We are looking for a talented and enthusiastic individual to join our team and to help support the growth of this part of our business.
Ideally, candidates will have
• a rail engineering background
• a minimum of three years CAD experience
• worked in a similar team-based engineering workshop environment
Salary dependant on skills and experience.
Due to continued growth, S&C require an experienced Plant Fitter. We are looking for a suitable candidate who can take the skills they have learned as a Plant Fitter and use these to skills carry out tasks on our customers' sites which will include production and process machinery, much of which has pneumatic, hydraulic and electrical systems.
Responsibilities and tasks will vary by individual jobs, but the candidate will typically need to demonstrate a high level of proficiency in the following areas:
- The capacity to understand a diverse range of engineering functions and processes
- Good working knowledge of health and safety practice and procedures
- Diagnosis of mechanical breakdown issues and root cause analysis of problems
- Liaise with customers and their engineering and production staff
- Carrying out routine scheduled maintenance work
- Fit new or refurbished parts and make sure equipment is functioning correctly
- Ability to thoroughly check and verify own work.
- Work with minimal supervision and fit into the existing team environment.
- Confidence to respond positively when under pressure
- Must have a flexible approach to changing priorities and deadlines. A degree of our work content is responsive and reaction time can be key to future business opportunities
- Installation of plant onsite and at Customer sites
- Proven experience of planned maintenance systems, breakdown maintenance and installations and knowledge of hydraulic and pneumatic systems
- Working on and maintaining various items of customers plant.
Full driving licence essential. Salary dependant on skills and experience.